The James Project
JAMES is a framework which enhance collaborative groups by making use of the web. The main feature of the project is to be able to fit heterogeneous systems. Two examples could be E-learning or Enterprise Intranets.
The Jamesproject has two different parts:
- A core framework which offers users and groups management, database abstraction, configuration facilities, communication between system modules, permissions checks and more.
- A set of modules which make use of the core features to easily implement applications like a forum, a file repository, a news system or a wiki.
You could use the Jamesproject environment to implement your web site for:
- The management of a conference as you can see at http://imaginatica.eii.us.es/2003 (in Spanish).
- The web portal of an association like in http://ieeesb.us.es (in Spanish).
- The web site of an university course: http://james.eii.us.es/jcurso (in Spanish).
- Or even your personal site (we have not examples of this yet, but there will be one soon).